Blog Hop: 12 Days of Christmas
Event Date: December 1st – 12th 2013
Hosted by: As You Wish Reviews & Confessions of the Paranormal
Sponsors: As You Wish Tours & Book Dragon Designs
WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Drop by heaping about 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand a few minutes before removing cookies to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
In June I went to Colorado and Wyoming for a writers retreat. It was cowboy country. Horses. Big Sky. Mountains. Cowboys. This pic is us all descending a rather steep mountain on our way back to the ranch. It was a fabulous time.
And this leads me to my giveaway for the blog hop, Elemental Heat. It’s a wintery tale set in Denver and the Colorado Rockies. A city girl goes west to the Rocky Mountain for a cowboy fling. But she has no idea what’s in store for her.
Jenna takes a big risk and decides to live in the moment. After months of communication by social media, she accepts the invitation to Colorado where she finally meets her cowboy. Burned by past romances, Jenna is determined to go with one goal in mind – a booty call with a tall, dark, sexy cowboy.
Chet is a romantic at heart and when Jenna arrives, he knows there’s more to her than just a fling. He’s smitten and decides to woo her the old-fashioned way with time and patience.
Their chemistry is elemental and they come together with heat that sears the snowy peaks. When mother nature steps in, Jenna is forced to face the feelings she’s tried so hard to keep buried and Chet has to draw on his mountain skills to save the woman he has come to love.
Grand Prize: $150 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash
First Prize: One (1) eBook from Every Participating Author
a Rafflecopter giveaway
For more Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes & Giveaways – Hop along the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!